During a snow emergency, all vehicles should be removed from the street and the Borough’s snow emergency procedures must be followed.
Homeowners have a few options to help minimize the impact to driveways. The first is to remove snow only to approximately 10’ from the end of the driveway until the final cleanup plowing is complete. The final cleanup plowing typically happens at the end of the plowing event to get the snow back as far as possible. Another method is to clean a 10’ area on the right side of your driveway facing it from the roadway, which allows the snow to be deposited from the plow before it reaches your driveway.
Refuse & Recycling
Refuse MUST be at your regular collection point by 7:00am on your scheduled days, but no earlier than the night before. Bags and/or containers must not exceed 50 pounds and must be a manageable size (containers cannot be larger than 32 gallons). Up to three bags/containers may be left on collection days; when refuse collection is cancelled, you may leave up to three extra bags at the curb on your next collection day at no charge.
Recycling containers MUST be at your regular collection point by 7:00am on your scheduled days. Containers must not exceed 50 pounds and must be a manageable size (containers cannot be larger than 32 gallons).
Dates will be publicized on the Refuse & Recycling page as well as in the Kutzonian newsletter. If you have any yardwaste after the advertised collection has occurred, please take it to the Yardwaste Depot on Roeller Alley, right behind the Kutztown Municipal Building. (Leaves or tree limbs left curbside after collection dates may lead to enforcement actions by the Community Development Office.)
Parks & Recreation: Kutztown Park
There is a dog park located at the south end of the park. The park map, rules and registration can be found on the Parks & Recreation page.
Parks & Recreation: Pool
1. ALL CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 6 MUST BE SUPERVISED BY A PARENT OR RESPONSIBLE ADULT OVER THE AGE OF 18
2. ALL CHILDREN 3 YEARS OF AGE AND YOUNGER MUST WEAR A SWIM DIAPER (SWIMMY)
3. ALL SWIMMERS MUST WEAR PROPER SWIM ATTIRE. NO CUT-OFFS, JEAN SHORTS, CARGO SHORTS, UNDERWEAR, ETC.
4. NON SWIMMERS MAY USE ARM WINGS AND APPROVED COAST GUARD LIFE VESTS AND MUST BE WITHIN ARMS LENGTH OF AN ADULT
5. NO RAFTS, INNER TUBES, ETC, ALLOWED IN POOLS
6. NON SWIMMERS ARE NOT PERMITTED IN THE WELL OR DEEP END OF POOL AT ANY TIME
7. NO SITTING ON SHOULDERS OF OTHER SWIMMERS/CHICKEN FIGHTS
8. NO UNDERWATER SWIMMING DEVICES ALLOWED UNLESS APPROVED BY MANAGEMENT PRIOR TO USE (SNORKELS, FINS, SCUBA, ETC.)
9. NO WATER GUNS OR DEVICES THAT SPRAY OR SHOOT WATER ALLOWED
10. POOL BALLS ALLOWED AT THE DISCRETION OF MANAGEMENT
11. NO RUNNING ON CONCRETE POOL DECKS
12. NO DIVING EXCEPT IN DESIGNATED AREAS
13. NO ONE OVER THE WEIGHT OF 250 POUNDS MAY USE THE DIVING BOARD
14. NO PUSHING, SHOVING, THROWING OR EXCESSIVE DUNKING
15. OBEY ALL REQUESTS FROM LIFEGUARDS AND STAFF
RULES FOR DEEP WELL AND DIVING BOARD:
1. NO SWIMMING ALLOWED IN DEEP WELL, UNLESS APPROVED BY LIFEGUARD
2. NO FLIPPING OFF SIDE OF POOL INTO DEEP WELL
3. NON SWIMMERS ARE NOT PERMITTED IN DEEP WELL, ON DIVING BOARD; AND NO FLOTATION DEVICES PERMITTED IN THE DEEP WELL, ON DIVING BOARD
4. GOGGLES MAY NOT BE WORN ON THE DIVING BOARD
5. NO PERSONS OVER THE WEIGHT OF 250 POUNDS PERMITTED ON THE DIVING BOARD
6. NO HANGING OR SITTING ON POOL ROPES
7. SPECIFIC DIVING RULES:
– ONLY 1 PERSON ON THE DIVING BOARD AT A TIME
– ONLY 1 BOUNCE ALLOWED ON DIVING BOARD
– NO RUNNING OFF THE BOARD
– NO DANGEROUS DIVES OR FLIPS PERMITTED
– AFTER DIVE, SWIM IMMEDIATELY TO LADDER OR UNDER ROPE
– WAIT UNTIL PERSON IN FRONT REACHES LADDER OR ROPE BEFORE DIVING
8. NO TAILGATING, GRILLS, ETC.
NO GLASS CONTAINERS/BOTTLES, ETC.
NO LARGE COOLERS
VIOLATION OF ANY RULE MAY RESULT IN IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM THE POOL PROPERTY AS DEEMED APPROPRIATE BY MANAGEMENT STAFF WITHOUT REFUND
Opening for the season in late May/early June through July: 12 noon until 8pm
August through closing for the season on Labor Day: 12 noon until 7pm.
All hours, including extended evening hours, are subject to change, weather permitting, and at the discretion of the Borough.